There is so much going on at Maine Art Hill and in the Kennebunks in general, we wanted to give you a one-stop site to get in the know! If you have any questions about what is going on with us and our galleries, please do not hesitate to call at 207-967-2803 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Should Know
Kennebunkport Festival – While Maine Magazine and its affiliates have canceled their involvement with The Kennebunkport Festival, the sponsors, local businesses, artists, and chefs, have come together to be sure it continues. Know that there will be many fabulous events going on from June 5 to June 10. (Yes the 10th is a Sunday!) We ask that you please bear with us and watch for news and information as it comes available. We promise to keep you informed and add links you may need to this site as they become available. The new website is thekennebunkportfestival.com (notice the **THE** in front of kennebunkportfestival)
Studios on Maine Art Hill – 5 Chase Hill Road – Studios on Maine Art Hill is a collection of seven micro-galleries situated in the heart of the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport shopping area.
- The Works is a new three-dimension art gallery. We are representing around 10 local artists and will be displaying their work year round. MORE COMING SOON
- Pop Up on Maine Art Hill is a weekly pop-up gallery. Each week the artist and artisans will change. Ranging from jewelry and sculpture to paintings. See the schedule and read more by clicking here.
- Thompson and Company Fine Art Gallery, owners of Northlight Gallery, True North Gallery, Thompson & Company is adding an additional gallery to their collection. Their gallery on Maine Art Hill will feature artists who capture the essence of Maine, many who love coming to paint here in the Kennebunks. Click here to visit their webpage.
- Fine Art Prints and Framing This double gallery is the cornerstones of Studios and will be the new home to not only our frame shop but a new collection of fine art prints from many of our artist you know and love. Hoyt, Witbeck, Gerding, and Granter just to name a few. Read more about our new framer.
- PhosArt Photography and Fine Art is not only a gallery but also the new studio to Donna Kabay and Tammy Ricker. The two local artists will be sharing the space for both retail sales downstairs and a working studio upstairs. Look for more about them soon. Click the artists’ names about to visit their websites and Instagram accounts. More about both of these women and their vision for this space soon.
Maine Art Hill Block Party – This is still our event and it is still part of the Festival week. Friday, June 8th from 5-7:30 pm. Right here on Chase Hill in Kennebunk. It is a ticketed event with half of all ticket sales going to build and grant the Maine Art Hill Scholarship for the Arts at Kennebunk High School. Read more….. BUY TICKETS
7th Annual Choice Art Show opens with a preview at Shows on Maine Art Hill during the Maine Art Hill Block party on Friday, June 8th. The doors open promptly at 10 am on Saturday morning for the official start of the show. This show runs until Thursday, June 28.
As always The Gallery on 14 Western Ave is open every day at 10 am. However, your next visit you will notice a few changes. By moving fine art prints and framing to Studios, we have renovated just and bit. With that came some great new wall space, and of course some great new artists.
Our website has stayed the same although you can expect a new look coming soon. So please visit both virtually and in person. Hope to see you soon. maine-art.com